Sunday 25 December 2011

Surviving Christmas

Well the lead up has been scary with my daughter bringing home chocolates and other goodies from school. Yes I have had some however I have been restrained and not over indulged and still managed to shed some of that unwanted weight.

I had already decided that for Christmas I will sample some of the goodies. Yesterday we made Gingerbread Biscuits and I had 2 (one as me and one as Mrs Claus LOL). Today I had a day of small healthy snacks, had a healthy home made pizza for brunch which was divine. Dinner was deliciously refreshing and healthy. Sushi Rolls made by me, Mish's Crunchtime Cookbook Coleslaw and a few Aussie Tiger Prawns. I feel satisfied yet not over full. I just made sure I sampled and didn't go crazy. Then for dessert we enjoyed a delicious Strawberry and Passionfruit Yoghurt Semifreddo  (another crumchtime cookbook recipe and OMG divine!)

Last Christmas i'd be flaked out on the couch after overindulging on all the wrong foods and I find I have enjoyed this Christmas much more than usual as with my new eating habits i'm feeling less stressed.

The kids have had a great day and enjoyed their dinner and dessert. One thing i've learned on 12wbt is to be prepared with my food so avoid making the wrong choices so all food was made yesterday and today I was free to relax with my family making it my best Christmas ever.

As for leftovers, there is just a little coleslaw left so no boxing day over indulging! Infact we have another Mish Menu planned.

Hope you all enjoyed your Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment