Thursday 29 December 2011

End of 2011, my journey so far.

All in all it has been a great year. I was starting to get that mindset right and started being healthier and a bit more active. As a bonus some weight came off, slowly but it was off. I didn't really mind, I was happy afterall I wasn't that big was I?
We had a great family holiday but then we came home and looking at the photos I was shocked. Much bigger than I thought I was. I stepped on the Wii Board and found myself in the obese range, not just slightly overweight as I thought.

Here is a photo of me in Thailand at 98kg (July 2011)


I won a 3 month gym membership at a school fundraiser and started my journey, the weight started coming off, but it wasn't quick enough. Then I found out about 12wbt from a very good friend of mine and she convinced me to sign on. Well that was the best decision I could have made. Suddenly I learned how I should be eating, all those 'healthy' meals I thought I was having were actually NOT healthy. Following Michelle Bridges 12wbt the weight melted off. Now I cannot believe the changes in me.

Start of Round 3 12wbt 2011 I was 92.2kg

And 12 weeks later I had lost 17kg making me 75.2kg

Today I am 71.8kg (according to my brand new scales I got for Christmas!)

2012 is going to be a much better year! I am gonna smash it, get to goal weight and enter my first fun run. I have lost 31.9kg since starting my Journey in May 2011 and this new life is continuing in 2012 and beyond!
Round 1 2012 will see me get to my goal weight
Round 2 2012 will see me tone my new kick ass body
Round 3 2012 will be the time for my fun run.

I'm enjoying my new life and I can't wait to kick those goals and challenge myself! Roll on 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment